Wednesday, February 6, 2008

hunkalicious


Mardi Gras -- My first stop of the night was Memory Lane, where ladies across town were promised a performance by the Great American Hunks. I heard the Missy Elliot music all the way from the parking lot and knew this was going to turn out well. Partial nudity for no cover charge. Story of my life.

Anyway, as I showed my ID, the bouncer tried to pull a fast one on me by claiming the Hunks hadn't shown up after all. Um, that kind of trickery doesn't really work when it's interrupted by inaudible choruses of "woooo!"

Once inside, I saw an impressive crowd that as expected leaned on the older end of the spectrum. Hot. That, of course, did not apply to the hunks, who were actually quite vibrant and youthful. They also got their own little introductions, including my favorite: "He dances in the North, he dances in the South. You'd never believe what he can do with his mouth." It's paraphrased, but you get the idea. Poetic beauty.

The pictures accompanying this post should give you an idea of the events that transpired. One more thing about the Hunks: They're actually not great after all. That by no means is a judgment on the quality of their performance. They're just officially known as the American Hunks. See their Web site here.