Tuesday, February 5, 2008

mardi gras!!

Don't forget...I'll be taking photos at tonight's Mardi Gras festivities, so make sure to vogue it up if you see me. Do something cool enough and I might give you one of the sweet sets of beads I bought yesterday at Party City.

Btw...who in the world spends $32.05 on beads?!? The answer is me.

Anyway, I have to blog "American Idol" until 9, but then I'll head to Memory Lane for the Great American Hunks. After that, I'll likely hit Soho and downtown. Maybe Shanty Shack if I have time. As a reminder, here's a rundown of the local festivities:

*Two for Fat Tuesday Block Party -- A $2 wristband gets you into the majority of downtown Columbus hot spots. Those bars will also have $2 hurricanes all night.

*Shanty Shack -- Local party band Mindblender will play at the hot spot beginning at 8 p.m. You can also expect some DJ music. It's at 4475 Warm Springs Road. No cover charge. See Web site here.

*Memory Lane -- The Great American Hunks will entertain at this club, located at 1812 Midtown Drive. Doors open for ladies at 7, show starts at 9. Guys will be allowed inside around 11. Drink specials, no cover.

*Soho Bar & Grill -- Expect free beads, jambalaya and zydeco music. No cover. The bar's at 5751 Milgen Road. See Web site here.