Wednesday, February 25, 2009

gettin' sweaty

You're breathless, covered in sweat and wearing an XL T-shirt from your 10th grade soccer team.

And somebody hits on you.

Hot or not?

Here, Divine Caroline collects a variety of perspectives on using the gym as a meet market.

I give the idea a big "no." For the most part, working out is a solo experience. Even when I'm not wearing my headphones, I'm a certain zone where it's best I'm alone with my fantasies of being a "Baywatch" body double.

And if you are brave enough to hit on me at the gym, at least be physically fit. Once, a guy consistently parked himself at the treadmill next to mine and tried to start a conversation.

I couldn't get past the fact that his workout never moved beyond like a 3.2 intensity.

Gym pickups: Totally phat, or fat chance?