Tuesday, April 28, 2009

civic booty

Ah, Prince. You've played with my emotions so much over the years, taunting me with your nonconformist ways.

Because I loved you, I endured the confusion that accompanies crying doves and raspberry berets. I stayed sane during that whole "artist formerly known as" debacle.

But now, you tell me that you don't vote. And it could be enough to put me at my breaking point.

Make no mistake: I, too, once waged a bitter war against the electoral college. Unfortunately, that's not your issue. No, you refuse to vote because you believe government should "go by prophecy."

I know our system isn't perfect, but it's important to both appreciate and exercise the voice you have. I'm always a little dumbfounded when people tell me they've never voted. Hey, at least do it for the cool sticker.

Could you date somebody who refuses to vote?

(via Jezebel)