Friday, April 17, 2009

what's going on this weekend?

Hey everybody! I'm just about to kick off my two-day coverage of Sticks Country Music Festival at Parker Hill in Auburn. Performances are 5:30 p.m.-midnight EDT Friday and noon-midnight EDT Saturday. Single tickets are $35 Friday, $55 Saturday...a two-day pass is $85.

Honestly, I'm pretty psyched to see how this debut event turns out. My biggest goal is to interview my favorite "Dancing With the Stars" pro EVER...Julianne Hough. We'll see how that works out.

If you're going to the festival, come over and introduce yourself. Want to check out the action from home? Keep an eye on this page, the Ledger's official source for Sticks updates all weekend.

Not a country fan? Try one of these events:

*I definitely recommend Chain Reaction, the Journey tribute band that comes to The Roadhouse Saturday. These guys are awesome. I saw them the last time they were in town and trust me, you won't be disappointed. Tickets are $8. Doors at 8, show at 10.

*If you're craving some satisfying sax -- who isn't? -- check out Larry Jackson, the guest saxophonist who joins The Greg Barrett Band Friday at Belloo’s, 900 Front Ave. He's worked with big-name artists like Aretha Franklin, Peabo Bryson and Jennifer Holliday. Cover is $5. Show starts at 9.

Have a great weekend!