Thursday, June 11, 2009

Can I get your number?

This entry on Glamour's Single-ish blog addresses what happens when you give your phone number to a bunch of guys...and they all call.

It's one of my biggest nightlife pet peeves. I've hung out with girls who give their phone number to every guy who asks -- even if they're not attracted to any of those guys.

Why do they do it? They think the request is flattering, or maybe they just think it's inappropriate to say no.

At any rate, they give their digits to a dozen guys and spend the entire next week complaining the guys won't leave them alone. HATE THAT.

I've never had a problem declining a request for my phone number. I don't know why it terrifies so many women. I also don't think giving a guy a fake number is much nicer than a direct rejection.

Thoughts?