Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ali Fedotowsky & Converse

While partying over the weekend, I spotted a handful of bridesmaids fresh off a wedding.

They wore the traditional formal garments: puffy dresses, eye-catching jewelry and flip flops.

That last one? Yeah, that's what made me pull a Cojo.

I've never understood the appeal of wearing flip flops, tennis shoes or any other kind of non-formal footwear at any part of a wedding: before, during or after.

It's one of those ideas that sounds really good at the moment, but makes you cringe when you peruse Facebook photos the next morning.

I'll never forget checking out -- read: spying on -- a friend's wedding photos, only to see her husband removing the garter belt from her leg while she sported likely the same flip flops that guarded her feet during college showers.

I feel very strongly about this. I'd like to think that it's a universal pet peeve, but maybe I'm wrong. "Bachelorette" Ali Fedotowsky recently said she wants to wear Converse at her wedding.

Where do you stand?

(For more "Bachelorette" news, check out Dawn's excellent recap here. You'll learn some tips for making a good first impression.)