Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm engaged. Celebrate.

This post's headline isn't factual. Sorry, Mom.

I'm simply hooking your interest for a spirited debate about engagement parties. Do or don't?

In TresSugar's discussion of the matter, the pros clearly outweigh the cons.

Maybe I'm socially inept, but I've never attended a formal engagement party. Have I savored a glass of champagne while offering a newly engaged friend my best wishes? Sure.

Anything beyond that risks appearing a little indulgent. Then again, I'm rarely one to shun a good party, regardless of the occasion.

The only potential pitfall might be a guest list composed entirely of bitter single friends. Awkward.

Where do you stand on engagement parties?

(Get more celebration tips from Dawn. And don't forget to consult Katie's wedding-planning blog, too.)