Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Hour dates

Happy Hour.

It seems like the perfect date option. Unless you're a journalist who works erratic hours.

Fortunately, many happy hours have grown to accommodate some inflexible work schedules. Often, you can cash in on early drink specials until 9 p.m.

Cheap drinks. After-work plans. Live entertainment. What could go wrong?

Don't get me started.

When it comes to partying, I'm generally the wet blanket who aborts happy hour plans. I have an extremely strange stomach that absolutely must eat after work. And no, I do not equate eating with drinking.

What's more, I hate the feeling of being surrounded by completely drunk people when the clock hasn't even hit 9 p.m. One word: college.

Fortunately, Starbucks now has a Happy Hour with half-price Frappuccinos. This marks the perfect opportunity to convert my boyfriend to the world of coffee.

I'm giving myself a 35 percent chance of success.