Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Real men cook?

Tuesday night, I unexpectedly had the freedom to relax while my boyfriend cooked me a gourmet dinner.

Hamburger Helper, cheeseburger macaroni flavor.

Hey, don't knock it until you try it. Well, with the exception of Tuna Helper and Asian Helpers. Those are a little nasty.

Anyway, it wasn't the most complex meal, but it did wonders for my mood. It'd been a long time since I last had the freedom to prop my feet up and not worry for one second about watching a pot of boiling water or ensuring the oven temperature was correct.

That temporary euphoria makes it easy to agree with the assertion that a man who cooks could be the ultimate turn-on.

Again, it's not so much what you cook -- with some exceptions -- but rather the time, effort and thought you put into it.

Need help? Get recipes here.

Quick note: All your efforts will be erased if you think dirty dish towels can double as napkins. Consider yourself warned.