Monday, July 19, 2010

Chill Yogurt Cafe


I recently discovered a little local piece of heaven, and I'm not talking about the unidentifiable, maggot-ridden surprise a stranger left in my trash can last week.

Let me introduce you to the world of Chill, the frozen yogurt cafe that recently opened in Columbus Park Crossing near Smoothie King and the former Circuit City. There's also an Auburn location.

Chill is essentially the best place in the world.

It's similar to big city fro-yo places like Pinkberry. At Chill, you choose from a wall of exotic flavors (featured above), layer your selection with toppings and pay by the ounce. And yes, Dawn, non-dairy selections are available -- so don't even think about skipping out.



Here are some of the toppings at Chill. There's also some rows of fresh fruit. I love Chill so much that I went twice over the weekend.

Before you call me a heifer, I'll note my second trip was due to the fact that I forgot my camera the first time. OK, you caught me: I probably would have returned either way.



On both visits, I opted for pomegranate energy boost yogurt. It kind of marked the marriage between my two favorite things: dessert and Red Bull.

My toppings of choice? Kiwi, strawberry, dark chocolate chips and miniature vanilla wafers. Jealous?

Though references to chocolate might suggest otherwise, I'm still training for a half-marathon. I'll post an update on my progress soon.