Monday, July 12, 2010

Haircuts and depression

The Detroit Free Press has an interesting article about hairdressers dispensing relationship advice.

It's a common scenario: You sit down for a cut and highlights, and end up telling your stylist every detail of your love life.

Am I the only one who hates the setup?

I have friends who go to the salon savoring the thought of dishing about romance and relationships for an hour. The image makes me shudder.

It's nothing about my particular romantic situation. I've talked to stylists while single, in between relationships and while in a serious relationship.

Without fail, I leave the salon contemplating my romantic destiny, rather than admiring my new look.

Between my tangled tresses and incessant engagement inquiries, the salon therapy session is just too much to handle.

Anyone else agree?