Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No Shame Theater


Weekend entertainment doesn't get much better than sex with me.

Calm down, I'm not being racy. It's simply a hook to begin my post about No Shame Theater at the Springer, which I attended for the first time Friday.

Quick primer: The event, open to guests 18 and older, begins at 10:30 every Friday and features performers who sign up on the night of the event. Performances can't exceed 5 minutes. You'll see music, monologues, improv and more.

Yes, alcohol is offered.

I attended No Shame mainly because my 19-year-old sister was in town and you can't find too many late-night events here for people under 21.

The night totally exceeded my expectations. The crowd was great, all the featured acts were entertaining and things moved along right on schedule.

Sex with me? That's the name of the improv routine that closed the show. People yell out nouns to accompany the phrase, "Sex with me is like..."

For example, "Sex with me is like a banana." Then, guests offer clever bits of wisdom to complete the line.

Sex with me is like a banana. It's appealing.

Sadly, that's not my original material. Learn more about No Shame here.