Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ranch dressing, please

Check out this news about a website that matches people based on salad preferences.

So yes, an affinity for croutons can make you desirable.

Apparently there's some science behind it. The aforementioned story cites research suggesting that cheese preferences -- sliced, cubed, shredded, etc. -- can indicate personality traits.

Would I try the salad matchmaking method?

Maybe. But in focusing on little similarities -- say, shared taste in salad dressing -- we often lose sight of the bigger, more important things that unite couples.

In my younger days, I once met a guy and assumed we were soul-mates.

Why? Well, we had the same favorite book, beer, pizza toppings, vacation spot and TV show.

Sure, there were a ton of similarities. But in retrospect, those similarities covered petty things. I was so smitten with those things that I didn't take time to ask about values, life outlook or goals.

You know, the things that really matter.

Note: I still think any guy who likes blue cheese dressing is pretty sexy.