Thursday, July 15, 2010

Saying "I do" in Walmart

USA Today has an interesting article about retail weddings -- that is, couples getting married in restaurants or stores. It cites venues ranging from Taco Bell to T.J. Maxx.

Retail weddings stem from factors like a desire to be unique and save money.

If I chose to have a retail wedding, the hardest part would be deciding my rationale for picking the venue.

Walmart is the store I visit most often, but would I tie the knot there? No.

My favorite places to browse are Ulta and Forever 21. However, something tells me there aren't a lot of guys jumping at the chance to say "I do" while standing beside leggings and glittery lip gloss.

Just when I'm out of ideas, it hits me: Chipotle. Hands down, this is my favorite restaurant in the world. Usually I can convince anyone I date to like it, too.

Plus, the nearest location is in Atlanta. Destination wedding! Holla!

(Bride-to-be Katie Holland is taking a slightly more traditional approach to her wedding. Learn more on her blog.)