Monday, November 24, 2008

the lost art of the letter

Happy Monday!

Feeling glum? Then click over to Zoomdoggle, where you can submit your address and receive a hand-written love letter. Absolutely free. No stalker potential attached, either. (via Lemondrop)

Now I'll take a moment to lament the loss of the paper letter. In a typical relationship, most statements of affection are reduced to e-mails. Which is better than nothing, but you only get so much erotic rush out of a smiley face emoticon...if you know what I mean.

At a loss of hand-written letters, I save every text message I receive from a significant other when I'm in a relationship. Here's a sampling of that collection:

"U at home?"

"B dere soon."

"I b a lil late."

So yeah...not necessarily a round of sweet nothings, but I think the whole appeal of letters is having something tangible to look at on a lonely night and say, "Hey, at least one person in the world really likes me."

Times change, and if "where ya at" is the new "you are my everything," I'll take it.