Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The last word

Here's your chance to say that final line to your ex...without worrying about the awkward silence that would follow in a face-to-face conversation.

The Web site: Dear Old Love, which lets users anonymously submit concise notes to people they've loved in the past.

A sampling of the entries:

"My dreams remember a lot more about you than I care to admit."

"You only loved the chase. So why was I the one running down the street after you?"

"I don’t know what is worse, the fact that you left me the day we got back from Mexico, or that it took you a year to apologize for doing so."

"Since you’re with her now, can we have an affair?"

Cathartic? Maybe.

At the very least, it helps ease some of the inevitable "could haves" and "should haves" you encounter while constantly rehashing the breakup conversation in your mind.

(via YourTango)