Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Academy Award nominations 2010: Snubs

It's rare for me to watch a movie.

I've never been a big fan of the shared viewing experience. I usually leave the theater only applauding the fact that I didn't kill the kid behind me who was kicking my seat the whole time.

So when they announced the Academy Award nominations this morning, my reaction was just kind of "meh."

Without the promise of flashy musical performances, the ceremony bores me. And in my opinion, the Oscars' formal, impractical gowns don't hold a candle to the edgy fashions that dominate the Grammys.

Still, after this morning's announcement, I can't stop thinking about a major 2010 Oscar snub:

I can't believe "(500) Days of Summer" didn't get nominated.

The indie flick was one of the few recent films I actually watched. It offered one of the most accurate depictions of relationships I'd seen in a long time. The MTV folks are upset about the snub, too.

See a full list of nominees here and weigh in on snubs in the comments section.