Monday, February 22, 2010

Dating: A family affair?

You and your sister have shared secrets, purses and sweaters. So it's only natural to have nearly identical dating histories.

Creepy? Kind of.

Here, TresSugar asks an interesting question: Have you ever dated the same person as your sibling?

Fortunately, I've never had to deal with the issue, since my sister and I are eight years apart.

But I've seen many cases where a guy jumps between sisters, or a girl jumps between brothers. And strangely enough, some of those relationships actually worked.

I guess the concept sorta makes sense. You know your ex well. You know your sibling well. So you fix them up. What could possibly go wrong?

Um, nothing...unless you count insecurities and deep-seated childhood jealousy issues.

Plus, I've always put guys who jump between sisters on the same level as guys who always get their girlfriends from the same group of friends. (I'm talking to you, Slade Smiley.)

Fortunately, as opposed to some circles of friends, it often seems as if siblings have completely opposite romantic tastes -- or at least pretend that's the case.

Weigh in: When it comes to dating, is your sibling's ex off limits?