Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Seasonal nightlife

Need proof the planetary alignment is shifting? Sky Nightclub in Columbus is hosting its first bikini contest.

No, I won't be participating. I haven't shaved my legs in three months.

But the contest's existence alone reminds us that summer nightlife is (kind of) on the horizon.

I, for one, am psyched.

I know, I know. Temperature-wise, things could be worse. Still, even moderately cold temperatures have tremendous potential to hamper nightlife plans.

My least favorite obstacle: deciding whether you should wear your coat and have it bask in cigarette smoke at the bar, or leave it in the car and endure a freezing bare-shouldered walk to your hot spot of choice.

Then again, summer partying carries its own set of concerns, like your best friend's unfortunate affinity for the bare midriff look. Oh yeah, you also have to pull that dusty shaving razor out of hibernation.

Weigh in: Are you ready for summer nightlife, or could you deal with a few more months of argyle?