Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fake phone numbers

How much thought do you put into the fake phone numbers you give weekend pickup artists?

Glamour tells us about a service that gives you a temporary phone number to give potential dates. Here's how it works:

After a quick registration (and a payment of $9.95 for one month, $6.95/year), you’ll receive a secondary phone number that you can give out. When you call out from your phone, you can first dial your Tigits number, wait for the prompt, and then call the strange guy you want to reach. He will only see your Tigits number, and if a stranger/stalker calls you, the Tigits number shows up, so you know it’s someone you gave that number to.

I've never been a huge fan of the fake phone number approach. I'd rather opt for a flat-out "no."

Then again, guys are often too pushy when it comes to asking for phone numbers. I've had guys press me for a phone number even after I say I'm attached. So yes, maybe it is easier to just hand out a fake phone number to end the conversation.

What do you think?