Thursday, April 28, 2011

Romance at the Rankin

I want to get married on June 25.

Seriously.

If you follow this blog even semi-regularly, you know I'm not a huge fan of the whole wedding scene. I have absolutely nothing against the institution of marriage. I'm more opposed to the stress and money that commonly define wedding ceremonies.

I've always told my parents that if I ever get married, it'll happen in either the courthouse or Vegas. I saw absolutely no middle ground.

Until I checked Facebook today.

Enter Romance at the Rankin, a June 25 group wedding ceremony at the Rankin House. It costs just $300 for a couple to participate.

This is amazing. It's the one ceremony option that makes me actually want to get married. Perfect setting and perfect cost. I'm having a hard time controlling myself, so I'll just cut and paste the announcement:

***

Forecast calls for love and romance at the Rankin House, June 25, 2011.

Couples can have the ceremony of their dreams for a fraction of the cost this summer, June 25, 2011, at the Rankin House, 1440 Second Avenue.

Weddings and vow renewals are available. The Rankin House will provide a romantic setting for these brief, inexpensive ceremonies. Couples will exchange vows in the beautiful courtyard and then have a reception inside the home. A special treat will be provided for each couple to share as they toast their love and prosperity. A photographer will also be on hand to capture the moments of your most memorable day.

Appointment times are available between 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., with couples saying “I do” every 30 minutes. The cost per ceremony is a $300 if you book before June 10, $400 thereafter.

All proceeds to benefit Historic Columbus.

Wedding ceremony couples are asked to bring a valid marriage license. A maximum of 20 guests is allowed.

Call 706-322-0756 for more details and to reserve your special time.