Monday, April 11, 2011

Men saying 'I love you'

Here's a study suggesting men are more likely than women to say "I love you" first in a relationship.

The article emphasizes most people think a woman says "I love you" first, but the findings don't exactly surprise me.

I think women have the feelings associated with "I love you" before their partner, but don't vocalize those feelings for a variety of reasons.

From advice columns to dating blogs, most sources warn women against the potential pitfalls of vocalizing their feelings too early in a relationship.

There are lots of urban legends about women who say "I love you" too soon, scare their partner and watch their relationship explode. Amid those fears, we often feel like our only option is to sit back and wait to hear "I love you."

So yes, many men say "I love you" first. But that doesn't make things any easier for women.

Thoughts?