Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Royal wedding overload

I'm getting to the point where I throw up a little in my mouth whenever I hear about the royal wedding.

No, I won't watch. Yes, I will continue to write occasional blog posts about the event because it provides easy inspiration.

But how's this for a deal? I promise all my coverage will focus on anti-royal wedding material.

Like this Double X post, where one writer explains why she's not waking up at 4 a.m. Friday. An excerpt:

Royalty-watching seems to be a guilty pleasure even as it becomes a dying pastime, and we are more aware than ever that neither of these people has done anything at all to earn our interest, no matter what they may someday achieve.

Other than an appreciation for the spectacle itself, it's pretty near impossible to come up with a rational reason to watch. Which is just one reason that I'm glad I don't have to.

Well said.

That said, the Ledger-Enquirer blogosphere is blowing up with royal wedding posts. Read more here and here.