Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Flirting and finances

These survey results suggest the money women spend preparing for a date exceeds the money they spend on the date itself.

Naturally, men spend more money during the date.

Here's what stuck with me: Apparently, 65 percent of women in the survey spend more than $50 getting ready for a date.

I immediately flashed back to Friday night, the most recent outing I'd classify as a "date" with my boyfriend. We hit the lavish world of Carino's.

The time I spent looking for the restaurant coupon definitely exceeded the time I spent getting ready.

That's not to say I've become one of those people. I never want to be the girl who assumes life in a relationship resigns her to a wardrobe consisting entirely of sweatpants.

Then again, it's been a long time since I spent $50 getting ready for a date.

What do you think?