Thursday, September 11, 2008

all apologies

Here's an article about the 8 worst ways to apologize to your significant other.

I especially agree with a ban against e-card apologies, plus the No. 1 worst form of apology on the list: People who just say, "I'm sorry you feel that way." I'd group people who say "I don't see why I should have to apologize" in the same category.

I'm kind of borderline on guys who forgo the whole direct apology thing and instead simply give what's supposed to be a self-explanatory gift.

At first, I thought this strategy was cowardly and that guys should just be up front with their feelings. But then I became more aware of the fact that it also entails me getting a lot of cool stuff, which I always love.

The aforementioned article maintains, "A bad apology is worse than no apology."

Discuss.