Monday, September 29, 2008

spanx me!

This article from the U.K. says 9 in 10 women "cheat" to look good, using figure-flattering accessories like push-up bras and tummy-slimming Spanx.

I'd guess a similar statistic holds up here.

I admit -- I've used my share of under-eye cream and skin brighteners. And embarrassingly enough, at certain dark points in my life, I've even worn a Kleenex-stuffed bra under a turtleneck.

I don't know if it's fair to call these measures "cheating," though. With so many products on the market, women are likely to do everything they can to enhance their appearance.

What's more, while many of those products can make you sparkle on a night on the town, their power of deception is limited. Rarely will a bra -- or in my case, Kleenex, -- add more than one cup size. Similarly, a garment-enhanced flat tummy won't do away with the rest of your larger physical build.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Guys...have you ever had a moment when a girl removed a garment, or took off some makeup, and your perception of her physical appearance changed completely?