Tuesday, September 2, 2008

what a weekend

Wow, what a great three days off. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd be sipping a naughty-tini at Belloo's one night and then donning fishnets at Dragon*Con the next.

But that, in a nutshell, is the concise summary of how I spent my Labor Day weekend. Two nights of local partying and then a trek up to Atlanta to get my nerd on. Hot.

I'll hopefully fill you in on the full details later today, but I need to wrap up a couple stories first. Before I sign off, though, I'll satiate your appetites with a reflection on one weekend trend that's pleasantly surprised me.

For the past two weekends, my friend Holly and I have spent our Friday nights on the patio at Scruffy Murphy's. And on both consecutive Fridays, we've had a guy buy us both beers, place them on our table and then simply WALK AWAY.

Put simply, I love this trend. I don't know exactly how it benefits the guy -- maybe he's expecting us to run after him and beg him to stay -- but it works really well on our end.

Keep 'em coming, anonymous benefactors.