Monday, November 9, 2009

Love and leprechauns

Irish eyes have a new reason to smile: The Irish accent was recently voted the world's sexiest, Lemondrop reports.

Really?!?

As much as I want to embrace my Irish heritage and celebrate this victory, I don't necessarily equate the Irish accent with sexiness.

It brings to mind images of jolly leprechauns and "Darby O'Gill and the Little People." I'd rather hear sweet nothings from an Italian stallion.

Many women who go crazy over accents.

The aforementioned Lemondrop post cites a poll where six out of 10 women confessed to being seduced by a man solely because of his accent.

I don't fall into that camp.

Maybe I've just had one too many awkward linguistic moments that involve mistaking "get me another beer" for "I love you." Whatever.

Accents: Turn-on or just "meh"?