Friday, February 18, 2011

Civil union status on Facebook

Not satisfied with "it's complicated"? Fear no more.

The Associated Press reports Facebook has added civil unions and domestic partnerships to its list of ways to describe your relationship status.

Happy?

Even when I'm in a relationship, I never specify my relationship status on Facebook. I don't list myself as "single," either. It's just...nothing.

Is that weird? If it makes things any better, my boyfriend doesn't specify a relationship status, either.

I don't have a specific reason for avoiding the Facebook relationship game, aside from the shame that would come with changing my status back to "single" in the event of a breakup.

If I was engaged or married, I'd definitely specify a status. Anything prior to that just seems too informal to announce on Facebook.

Anyone else feel the same way?