Friday, July 27, 2007

fork it over


Partiers in San Francisco will celebrate Paul Reubens Day this weekend. Paul Reubens = Pee-wee.

"Pee-wee's Playhouse" used to be one of my favorite shows. I think my favorite episode was when Pee-wee married a fruit salad. Maybe I'll try that this weekend.

So in honor of Pee-wee, I encourage all of you to adopt a "secret word" at least one day this weekend.

In other noteworthy happenings...

*I'll hit Broadstreet Blues Friday night for next week's bar profile. House band Peggy Jenkins and the Rhythm Roosters will perform.

*For some fail-safe cover band action, head over to Muldoon's for Friday and Saturday performances by local band Mindblender.

*Out of curiosity, I might check out Pipers Down at Daileys. They hit the stage both nights this weekend.

*Don't forget to marry a fruit salad.