Thursday, July 5, 2007

what a girl wants


Hope everybody had a great 4th. I spent the day hanging out with my mom and sis, who are visiting Columbus from California. We grilled (a la George Foreman) at night, and then watched fireworks from the top of a downtown parking garage.

All in all, it was a great time, though I'm definitely all about making July 5 a nationally recognized holiday as well.

Anyway...I just came across this article about research that shows women and men talk just as much. The findings refute previous claims that women talk significantly more than men.

Authors of the study say those claims came from stereotypes surrounding a woman's willingness to talk about her feelings and a man's, um, unwillingness.

On the same note, as a woman, I absolutely hate it when a guy asks, "Are you mad?"

Because naturally, my first instinct is to say "no" -- not because I'm not mad, but because I know if I go into a detailed description of WHY I'm mad, the average guy will proceed to either ignore me or tell me I'm overreacting.

So guys...even if you do allegedly talk more than we do, please eliminate three words from your vocabularies by vowing not to ask us if we're mad.

In 99 percent of cases, you already know the answer.

Happy Thursday!