Monday, July 9, 2007

getting pinned


Saturday night, after unloading my family in Atlanta, I hit the local bowling alley with some friends. I hadn't been bowling in ages -- read: six months -- and I was surprised by how much fun I had. You'll read all about it in this week's bar profile.

What won't make it into the bar profile? The fact that there was a serious fight inside just minutes before we started our game. People cleared out instantly...my friend Holly mistook it for a fire drill.

Oh, and we were also approached by a stickler who (very rudely) criticized us for not adhering to the game's intricate rules...namely the fact that you're not supposed to bowl at the same time as someone else. OK, for all future Saturday night bowlers who plan to be that stringent about the rules, I have three words for you -- join a league.

Hope everyone is surviving Monday. And if you're not, take pride in this research that suggests the herpes virus could kill cancer.

One in five Americans, bitches.