Monday, July 2, 2007

grateful i'm not dead

Happy Monday.

Had to post this pic of Stephanie Tanner, in case you're in the 1 percent of the population who hasn't already seen it while mindlessly surfing the Internet. Feel free to insert any popular joke involving a full house, Uncle Jesse or the only set of twins bigger than Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. (That line's courtesy of Best Week Ever.)

Time for weekend stories. Lesson No. 4791: Don't drink potent alcoholic beverages on the night before your family comes to town.

(Bandit...I apologize in advance for talking about alcohol again. I promise to make it up to you with a rawhide post soon.)

Anyway, my trip to the Shanty Shack was aborted at the last minute due to my friends' spur-of-the-moment decision to go to The Loft, where the Modern Skirts were playing. Nightlife drama. As much as I hate deviating from established agendas, I had to join my friends. Flexibility is a central component of nightlife. Remember that.

Once I arrived at The Loft, I opted for a $5 drink special called Grateful Dead. The bartender convinced me I'd get the most bang for my buck because it included five different liquors.

Long story short...I was hardly banging the next morning, and barely mustered the strength to clean the house before my mom and sis arrived at 7 p.m.

In case you're interested, here's a recipe for the cocktail, but limit yourself to one. Or prepare to become very, very good friends with your toilet bowl the next morning.

Grateful Dead

1 oz. rum
1 oz. vodka
1 oz. triple sec
1 oz. gin
1 oz. Chambord liquer
3 oz. sour mix
Splash of Sprite
Ice

Mix, and drink at your own risk.