Friday, July 6, 2007

light my fire


TGIF...finally.

This has been a super-stressful week, largely because I've been dealing with out-of-town guests. I'm dropping them off in Atlanta tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to at least one solid night of partying. Which will probably translate into one beer, since I'm absolutely exhausted.

Anyway...I just found this article about what's supposedly one of the newest trends in dating.

Smirting.

It's the combination of smoking and flirting. Romantic connections often happen when you're standing around making awkward conversation with your fellow puffers, the article notes.

The camaraderie between smokers has always amazed me. As I spend more time in the professional world, I've grown to view smoking more as bonding activity than an indication of a raging fraternity party nearby.

In fact, I recently read a fascinating article about the workplace alliances that can form as a result of smoke breaks...simply because, with the right conversation skills, you're able to create a one-on-one daily connection with another smoker.

Do you believe in smirting? What's the best conversation you've had while smoking?