Thursday, July 10, 2008

first the worst?

Slow news day? CNN has this article about how NOT to get a second date.

Some of the included behaviors: being unable to pay, crying, disclosing too much information and talking about an ex.

Generally, I try to be pretty open to awkward behaviors induced by nervousness on a first date. However, my worst first date EVER happened at a Red Robin -- when my dining partner spent the entire dinner talking about his addiction to magic mushrooms.

I'm pretty much opposed to all drugs in the first place. Not to mention the fact that rather than impressing me, he was with every sentence making himself sound more and more like a washed-up hippie. Which isn't a good thing when you're, like, 23.

How forgiving are you on first dates? Will you tolerate a partner who brings up an ex? Asks to split the check?