Wednesday, July 2, 2008

hump day mania

Hope everyone's having a great Wednesday.

If you feel like partying tonight, head over to The Oasis (1107 Broadway), where you can cash in on $4 sake bombs. How do I know this? Well, I actually ventured inside the new hot spot (formerly Savana's/Rumors) last night.

I guess its biggest draw is that it opens at 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday -- trying to grab the after-work crowd, naturally. The interior is decked out in island-themed stuff, but at the same time there's an emphasis on being biker friendly. Very interesting.

Get my full recap of The Oasis in Thursday's Ledger-Enquirer.

In other nightlife news, I heard 300 women showed up to see the Chippendales dancers at Aqua last Friday night. The guys are slated to come back to town in November.

Also, I'll post an update Thursday reminding everyone of the Fourth of July nightlife festivities. For now, I know of a downtown bar crawl -- um, block party -- and some big festivities at Phenix City nightclub Broad Street Blues.