Tuesday, July 8, 2008

televised love forever


So last night I watched "The Bachelorette" for the first time this season. Conveniently, I tuned in just in time for the finale.

I didn't catch the entire three-hour ordeal, but I did watch the dramatic conclusion and the "After the Rose" special. Also known as the "when did you know you weren't in love with me" edition.

Anyway, bachelorette DeAnna (of Newnan) picked some zany snowboarder over a guy with a son. I was a little put off (read: jealous) of the couple's rampant public displays of affection, but overall it was a pleasant viewing experience.

This morning, I checked out some blog commenters' theories on why DeAnna ditched single dad Jason. Here's a comment excerpt from this Seattle Post-Intelligencer blog:

Jason is a good guy but he comes with a baggage. Sorry, I stopped dating guys with kids long time ago, they drop you any time over kid sneezing and spend hours at their ex's place 'looking after the kid'. Plus there is not much room for romance once kids arrive - and in this case the kid is there.

Are any of you adverse to dating a mate with children? Why or why not? And feel free to weigh in with any other relevant/irrelevant "Bachelorette" insights as well.