Wednesday, July 16, 2008

how many licks?

This article about ice pops made of beer -- aka: hopsicles -- made me brainstorm some summer-specific alcohol concoctions.

The other day, I was just talking about the possibility of alcoholic snow cones. Turns out there's a whole set of Web sites with recipes on that very topic. I found some of my favorite ideas here, although the one that includes Tabasco sounds a little disgusting. And here's a recipe for an alcoholic drink that's actually called the Snow-Cone.

Still looking for summer-friendly alcohol ideas? Try soaking fruit, specifically watermelon, in vodka. Mmm. I got that idea about a year ago from this excellent food blog.

And if you're obsessed with hopsicles, try making some with raspberry-flavored Framboise Lambic Ale, available locally at Boo's package store, 5524 Whitesville Road in Columbus. You won't be disappointed.