Tuesday, August 19, 2008

cheese, beer & hot people

Just learned that Marie Claire magazine named Milwaukee its sexiest city. More details here.

I did a little happy dance in my seat when I read this one, seeing as I attended college in Wisconsin for four years. I spent a lot of time at the Milwaukee airport. Maybe my life would be different had I regarded all the guys who hit on me there as sexy, rather than creepy.

Having lived in Illinois, Wisconsin, California and Georgia, I can't label one state as "sexier" than another. I'm not disputing Milwaukee's title, though. Midwestern guys have a certain wholesomeness about them -- not necessarily the religion-driven kind you see here, but a genuine friendliness that is enough to at least temporarily sustain a girl's interest.

I've seen regional dating differences.

Like, guys here are way more aggressive than anywhere else I've lived. Also on that note...I've never seen such a wide disparity in physical stature. It seems like guys here are either REALLY fit (thanks, military) or, um, kinda big.

Which region-specific dating trends have you noticed?

(Thanks for the link, Mike.)