Friday, August 29, 2008

remember the time?


Can you guys believe that Michael Jackson turns 50 today?

Yeah, his personal life might be a bit psycho, but it's hard to find somebody unwilling to bust a move to an occasional Wacko Jacko tune. I spent four years traveling across the country with my college speech team and my double-disc Michael Jackson collection was the only CD we could play on the road without people fighting over the music.

There's just something eternally danceable about hearing the opening bars of "Beat It" or "Man in the Mirror" or "Jam." (Note: I'm a little embarrassed to admit that last one.)

Truth is, I don't think Michael Jackson is ever going to have some amazing comeback. Under the current precedent of people like Britney Spears, he probably won't even make another big mark on the scandal radar.

Which is all probably a good thing.

On a side note, it's also my little sister Serena's birthday. Happy 18th!