Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the truth hurts?

Happy hump day!

John Mayer recently spoke pretty candidly with TMZ regarding his breakup with Jennifer Aniston. Here's a transcript, via Nerve:

There's no lying, there's no cheating, there's no nothing. People are different, people have different chemistry, different lives. You're either a cheater or you break up and I'm not the first one, I'm the second one. I ended a relationship to be alone, because I don't want to waste somebody's time if something's not right.

Jennifer Aniston is the smartest, most sophisticated person I think I have ever met.

I guarantee you there's 20 percent of people on this street that are in a relationship they wish they could get out of and don't know how.

You can watch the video here.

John's last sentence got me thinking. Of all your friends' relationships, how many would you describe as truly "happy"? How many would you really consider models for how you'd like your love life to be?

And if you're currently involved, do you think the majority of your friends would call your relationship "healthy"?