Monday, August 25, 2008

taking a load off. literally.

Friday, I told you guys about loyal blog reader Tasha Hart, who has agreed to share tales of her breast reduction (and recovery) via The Walk of Shame. She's having the surgery Tuesday, going from a 42DDD to a 38C.

Right now, my male readers are probably asking two questions: Why? And more importantly, why?

In Tasha's words: "Guys just don't uderstand the pains and aches and what a toll it takes on our bodies."

The procedure takes 2-5 hours, she says. Full recovery is supposed to take a year, and Tasha will be resting during the first week after the surgery.

Like I said...she goes in Tuesday morning and will give readers here the rundown on what happens as soon as she's up to it.

You can wish her luck via her personal blog here.

Thanks, Tasha, for your willingness to share an extremely personal experience and inspiring a "reader confidential" feature that I hope will remain a constant fixture on this blog.

Going through a unique experience? Drop me a note at ssorich@ledger-enquirer.com and I'll feature your story, too.