Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dating in college

I didn't have a major long-term relationship in college. Yes, I went on dates. And flirted. And cried over boys.

But I didn't have one of those relationships that lasts from freshman to senior year. Which was good and bad.

On the plus side, I was able to move back home without worrying about accommodating someone else's career plans.

However, I was also a little jealous of the people who moved in with their college sweetheart immediately after graduation. They somehow bypassed all the stress of balancing the meet market and job market.

I'm reflecting on college romance because USA Today has an article claiming "that traditional dating on campuses has taken a back seat to no-strings relationships in which bonds between young men and women are increasingly brief and sexual."

Um, duh.

Do you regret how you approached relationships in college?