Thursday, April 5, 2007

elizabeth the rockstar




These pics are long overdue, largely because I had to set up a separate Photobucket account prior to posting them. Thanks again for the help, Brog.

Anyway, we took the photos during a recent night out at Broad Street Blues, that new Phenix City club I'm always talking about. I got the pics courtesy of Elizabeth, the uber-hot chick I'm hugging in both shots.

The evening was a blast, especially since it marked one of Elizabeth's first nights out in quite some time. Her boyfriend Ira recently left for Iraq, so needless to say, she's had more serious things on her mind than scoring a cheap margarita or mastering her cage-dancing skills.

I can't even imagine what that must be like. I devoted about a year of my life to a quasi-long distance relationship. Even with the ease of being able to fly cross-country to see the then-man of my dreams, I still was never really able to enjoy a Saturday night like my friends who could with a phone call reach their crushes and be holding hands at the bar almost instantly.

In a statement courtesy of Captain Obvious, being away from the person you love sucks. Not only is there the pain of watching other couples caress and cuddle, but there's also the guilt that comes with feeling like instead of having fun, you should be at home pining away for the one you miss. Not to mention the fear that at one moment the bar music might be so loud that you'll miss the phone call you've been waiting for all week.

Elizabeth, however, is doing a much better job handling her boyfriend's absence than what I'd ever expect out of myself.

Weekends become so routine that you forget sometimes that going out isn't always as easy as putting on body glitter and a pair of stilettos. Cheers to everyone with the will to get off the couch, remove their hands from their cell phones and hit downtown with the best of 'em.

You're the coolest.