Friday, April 6, 2007

what's going on this weekend?

Um, hello, everything.

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating. We ARE in Columbus, remember. Still, I'm pretty amped about this weekend, and you should be, too. Tonight, my friend Andrea and I are going to Spices Caribbean Restaurant & Bar. It'll be my first time visiting the Columbus restaurant, so I'll be anxious to see where it ranks in my dining hierarchy. According to aforementioned Web site, Friday is karaoke night, while Saturday is Latin night with $3 margaritas.

If you need another food recommendation, try Jamaica Grill. And not only because I wrote a dining profile about it this week. Want to know what wasn't included in the article? Jamaica Grill's dirtily named cocktails, like 'Dat Bitch and Kama Sutra. Jamaica Grill hosts a party every Saturday night until about 2 a.m. I don't think the restaurant has its own Web site, but it's at 1901 A-3 Manchester Expressway in Columbus. Call 706-507-5745.

Oh! And something else I'm excited about doing this weekend is getting my nails done on Saturday with my friend Lily. Normally I wouldn't devote a blog paragraph to girly stuff -- OK, maybe I would -- but if you're new in town and looking for a clean, safe place to get a manicure/pedicure/eyebrow wax, try Infinity Nails, 1591 Bradley Park Drive in Columbus. It took me forever to find a good nail place here, and let's just say cleanliness isn't something you want to fool around with at those places. Two words (kind of): Hepatitis C.

In terms of nightlife, I'll probably head downtown as usual Saturday...don't really know where I'll end up, but I really hope dancing is in the cards. If you want live music, I think The Loft is probably your best bet this weekend. Friday, the club hosts Packway Handle, an Athens, Ga.-based bluegrass act that allegedly does a mean cover of "Like a Prayer." Saturday, you'll get No More Kings, rockers who say they're reminiscent of '80s nostalgia.

Anyway, have a great weekend and do something really crazy because I need column ideas.

TGIF.