Friday, April 27, 2007

what's going on this weekend?

TGIF. Finally.

I predict this weekend will pretty low-key downtown, especially in view of the fact that next weekend's Cinco de Mayo should generate some pretty big crowds. Btw...I'm writing about Cinco de Mayo parties -- or, if you prefer, fiestas -- in my next column, so if you know of anything that's going on, drop me a comment.

Anyway, back to the weekend...the girls and I will probably go dancing tonight, barring any major last-minute drama. We'll probably either head downtown or venture beyond our comfort zone and revisit the Shanty Shack (4475 Warm Springs Road). I haven't been there since I wrote a column about it a little while ago, and I'm aching for some Pussycat Dolls spiked with a shot of Gretchen Wilson. You get the picture.

Other weekend activities? I'm hoping to hit the gym, since it seems like everyone in the entire world has come to the realization that they are three pounds overweight and consequently have taken up diets. Seriously.

Along those lines, I think I'm also going to dabble in the world of swimsuit shopping, which is perhaps every woman's worst nightmare. Can't live with it, can live without it...right?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Can't wait to hear your stories.