Monday, April 16, 2007

the weekend was...

Great.

I hit downtown both nights. Friday, I caught local party band Autumn Haze at The Vault. The show was great, and my only criticism is that I wish the crowd would have been a little bit larger. I talked to a couple bar owners on Friday and Saturday, and they all for the most part agreed this was an especially slow weekend. I blame the relatively cool temperatures.

Saturday, I embarked upon an entirely new adventure and visited Dailey's, the bar formerly known as Bonehead's. It was a pretty exciting night, especially since I previously had no idea this place was even open. If you're expecting an entirely remodeled interior, you might be disappointed. Sure, the ambiance seems generally less smoky/dodgy, but the overall layout is still the same. It'll be hard to tell where Dailey's will rank among the other downtown establishments, but they got a good crowd Friday and an even stronger one Saturday.

Mindblender was playing, which definitely helped things. I love those guys. When my mom was here in January, she (bravely) accompanied me to a Mindblender show at Muldoon's. Let's just say if you can get my mom to sing along with "Crazy Bitch," you must be doing something right. Enough said.

Finally, I was surprised at how many blog readers I met over the weekend. Cheers to the three gorgeous ladies I met Friday en route to my downtown adventure. A slightly less cool fan? The guy who, upon hearing my request for nightlife column ideas, hardly missed a beat before saying, "How about a nightlife column about a night in my bed?"

Um, yeah.

Happy Monday.