Tuesday, April 3, 2007

punk this


So it's April and I'm wishing everyone a very happy April Fool's Day, even though I'm three days late. Even though the prank-inspired holiday has come and gone, I strongly encourage you to check out this article in the Chronicle of Higher Education about college pranks taped for YouTube purposes.


It's pretty funny...you'll see a roommate's possessions screwed to a room's ceiling, not to mention a college lecture interrupted by one student's attempt at a musical.


Aside from the time I got busted in college for some prank calling, I can't say I've executed too many punk'd-type ventures successfully. My biggest achievement, I think, is when I was part of a plan to put an open-faced tostada on a classmate's seat during a third-grade Cinco de Mayo party. She sat on it, and proceeded to get refried beans -- and more -- smeared all over her butt.


My partners in crime got the obligatory recess time-outs, but my teacher was so reluctant to believe I was part of the plan that she didn't give me any kind of punishment. Eventually, however, the guilt got to me and I gave myself a voluntary time-out.


Yeah...I'm weak like that.