Monday, June 25, 2007

spiked fruit


Like many of you, I stalk random acquaintances' blogs on a regular basis.

Among those blogs is Foodaphilia, a food blog by a girl named E who went to Ripon College with me. I didn't really know her that well at school, except that she used to come into Communicating Plus, the computer center where I worked, pretty often.

Anyway, I keep coming back to her blog because she consistently offers these gems of food wisdom.

I'm still in awe of a recent post in which she gave a recipe for spiked watermelon. Hollla!

It's pretty much the best idea in the entire world. All you have to do is keep the watermelon whole, deeply cut a square of the rind out and pour some vodka inside.

Then, let the watermelon sit in the fridge for a couple hours, cut it and serve.

Thanks for the recipe, E! I'll go back to stalking you now.